We design and supply Sheds for the toughest and harshest conditions. All our Sheds can be supplied with a Timber or Steel Frame, or a combination of both
At Sheds4U we design practical and versatile buildings that meet our customers needs.
Why choose a timber framed building?
This is a question asked by many of our customers and the choice is 100% yours to make.
When purchasing from Sheds4u we supply both Timber and Steel framed buildings so you can have your Shed exactly how you want it. Timber has the following benefits:
- lower cost
- easier for less experienced builders to work with
- shorter lead time
- 50 year projected life
Why choose a steel framed building?
Steel has the following benefits:
- More flexibility when designing using steel construction allowing larger bay sizes
- Greater clearspans achievable using steel we can supply up to 30m clearspan
- Ships to site economically as the product is generally lighter than timber for the equivalent spans and will stack compactly for delivery
- Will not twist or split over time
- Galvanised steel reflects available light within your building better than timber
- Steel is 100% recyclable, which is better for the planet
- Steel is cut to length so very minimal wastage
Dairy Farm Feed Pads
Best Farm Sheds and Buildings in NZ from Sheds4U.
NZ Made Kitset Sheds
Sheds4U is a 100% Family owned, New Zealand business. We design and supply Sheds for the toughest and harshest New Zealand conditions. All our Sheds can be supplied with a Timber or Steel Frame, or a combination of both.
Our Shed designs are suited for a wide range of uses:
- Agricultural – Farm / Hay shed / Calf shed / Covered yard / Feed pad cover / Implement storage / Machinery sheds / Dairy / Feed storage / Contractors sheds
- Life Style – Workshop / Garage / Mower shed / American Barn / Barn / Stable
- Aircraft storage and maintenance – Hangars / Glider / Helicopter / Rescue / Private / Tourism / Top-dressing
- Commercial – Warehousing / Mini-storage / Retail
- Industrial – Workshop / Heavy Maintenance / Boat Building / Bus and Truck repairs
We use only top quality materials in each Shed we supply. Timber designs include H5 treated poles, giving you a 50 year no-rot guarantee. Framing is NZ quality number 1 framing, H3 treated.
Steel Framing is high tensile for maximum strength. Heavy duty galvanised coated gives a service life of 50 years.
The roofing and cladding is traditional NZ steel, 0.4 gauge, either corrugated or 5-rib profile. Cladding is available in either zincalume or coloursteel and is supplied with a 15 year guarantee.
All bolts, washers, nuts, nails and bracing supplied with Sheds are galvanised as standard, or can be supplied as stainless steel in corrosive areas.
Optional extras include
All our self-build Kitset Shed packages include full assembly instructions, plans, engineering calcs, and producer statements to help make a local council consent process as straightforward and as simple as possible.
We can arrange construction of our Kitset Sheds for you almost anywhere in New Zealand, just contact us for a quote.
What Client's Say
Awesome, thanks a lot for being easy and a pleasure to deal with … I have no hesitation in recommending your company to anyone I know who is thinking of or about to go down the kitset route… definitely had potential to turn into a painful experience but thankfully not at all…
The finished product is fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anything more and the service was great too 🙂